American Health Care Association (AHCA) is ready to help you meet the new Infection Preventionist specialized training requirement finalized by CMS in the Reform of Requirements of Participation for Long Term Care Facilities. The course provides specialized training for healthcare professionals who seek to serve as Infection Preventionists. Through this Infection Preventionist Specialized Training (IPCO) course, individuals will be specially trained to effectively implement and manage an Infection Prevention and Control Program at their nursing facility.
The course is an online, self-study program with 23 hours of training. It includes online lectures, case studies and interactive components taught by an array of experts from around the country.
AHCA’s Infection Preventionist Specialized Training (IPCO) training content includes:
- A thorough explanation of the impact of infections on the people who live, work and visit nursing centers.
- Definitions of essential components of an effective infection prevention and control program.
- Identification and management of common infections.
- Strategies to prevent the spread of infections.
- Identification and description of the steps necessary for infection surveillance, antibiotic stewardship, investigating, tracking and reporting infections
- Successful implementation strategies.
In addition, the training addresses both clinical and organizational systems, processes and cultural aspects of infection prevention and control which are fundamental to effectively leading and administering a nursing facilities Infection Prevention & Control program
The course is open to AHCA/NCAL members for $450 and non-members for $650. Group purchase with discount structure is available for groups of 25 or more. There are no refunds and no transfers.