Volume XXXII, Number 1
Nursing Facility PASRR Specialized Services – Paper Forms No Longer Accepted Effective June 23, 2017
Effective June 23, 2017, paper forms for Nursing Facility (NF) Preadmission Screening and Resident Review (PASRR) specialized services authorization requests will no longer be accepted. These forms include:
- Form 1017 – Specialized Services/Durable Medical Equipment Authorization Request
- Form 1018 – Specialized Services Customized Manual Wheelchair Authorization Request
- Form 2465 – Specialized Services Request for Physical, Occupational, or Speech Therapy
TMHP is developing an automated form, Authorization Request for PASRR NF Specialized Services (NFSS) that will allow NFs to enter requested specialized services into the Long Term Care (LTC) Online Portal for authorization by Health and Human Services (HHSC) Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD) PASRR Unit.
In preparation for the implementation of the NFSS request form on the LTC Online Portal, NFs are strongly encouraged to ensure their access to the LTC Online Portal is current and all necessary users have active User IDs and passwords.
Although functionality will be provided to support Third Party Vendor (TPV) submission of this new form using Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), at this time there has been no involvement by any TPV in the development of the NFSS request form and related LTC Online Portal functionality. As with any TMHP LTC Online Portal enhancement, TMHP and HHSC encourage NFs to work with their TPVs to ensure functionality will be available.
Should your TPV not provide NFSS request form functionality, it is imperative that NF staff be prepared to submit and access the NFSS request form directly on the LTC Online Portal to perform the necessary actions to request specialized services for their PASRR-positive residents.
TMHP and HHSC are developing training materials specific to the submission and use of the NFSS request form. Providers should continue to monitor the LTC home page at TMHP.com for additional information.
For users unfamiliar with the LTC Online Portal, completing existing online training is strongly recommended. NF training is available in both computer-based training (CBT) and webinar formats.
- Long Term Care (LTC) Online Portal Basics Computer-Based Training – https://tmhp.exceedlms.com/student/catalog/show/181231
- Long Term Care (LTC) Nursing Facility Preadmission Screening and Resident Review (PASRR) Webinar – https://tmhp.exceedlms.com/student/enrollments/create_enrollment_from_token/6CcY4JLR4VorQhHpJRSdYCLM
- LTC Online Portal User Guide for Nursing Facilities and Hospice Providers www.tmhp.com/Training_Materials/LTC Nursing Facility/LTC_NF_Hospice UG-v2016_0420_with_2016_0826_Addendum.pdf
Commitment to Care
State / THCA News
- Certified in Phase III of Music & Memory
- Facility Survey and Informal Dispute Resolution Council Report
- Managed Care Links
- Paper Forms for Nursing Facility PASRR Specialized Services No Longer Accepted Effective June 23, 2017
- QIPP Alert to Nursing Facility Providers
- Steward Lawsuit Provider Letter