PDPM Master Class Webinar Series
Series Title: PDPM Master Class (12-month series)
Session Title: Year End PDPM Updates and 2021 Policy Changes
Presentation Dates: Dec. Live Webinar
- Eleisha Wilkes
- Shelly Maffia
- Amie Martin
- Kristen Walden
This session of the PDPM Master Class Series will focus on recent updates to PDPM from The Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and potential policy changes for providers for fiscal year 2021. Updated regulatory guidance and Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) specifications will be reviewed with recommendations for successful provider implementation.
- Identify key updates to PDPM including potential policy changes and regulatory guidance for 2021.
- Understand key action items for implementation based on 2021 PDPM updates.
35 minutes Review PDPM policy updates and regulatory guidance for 2021
35 minutes Discuss key action items and implementation strategies for compliance with 2021 PDPM updates
5 minutes Closing Comments/ Q&A
Target Audience: Administrators, Directors of Nursing, Nursing, QA, MDS, Staff Development, Therapy, Social Services, Board Members, CFO/Business Office, Compliance Officer/Designee
Instructional Level: Intermediate Contact Hours: 1.25
THCA Monthly Webinar: Disease State Awareness: Dementia Related Psychosis
Speaker: Gustavo Alva, MD, ATP Clinical Research, Costa Mesa, CA
Psychiatrist and dementia expert, Gustavo Alva, will provide insight on the impact of dementia-related hallucinations and delusions and the importance of identification and diagnosis of symptoms by healthcare professional. This highly engaging content, including patient cases, encourages participant involvement and includes discussions surrounding challenges of transitioning patients with dementia among settings of care and solutions based on the experts’ experiences
• Understand the prevalence of hallucinations and delusions across the dementias
• Gain insights into the potential burden and consequences of neuropsychiatric symptoms—including hallucinations and delusions—for people with dementia, their caregivers, and society
• Enhance knowledge of the proposed neurobiology of hallucinations and delusions across the dementias
• Recognize the unmet medical need for people experiencing dementia-related hallucinations and delusions
CE: 1.5 clock hour for Administrators, Nurses, and Social Work, CE will only be provided to the person registered and logged in to the webinar.
Recording will be available to registrants, however CE will ONLY be available to those who attend the live webinar.