Member Update: THCA Commitment to Care (C to C) Stakeholders met early August to discuss the following:
- Preliminary data from the 2nd Quarter C to C Survey
- For any member facilities that have not completed the second quarter C to C Survey please CLICK HERE to respond and have your voice heard.
- Civil Money Penalty project applications, submitted to DADS/CMS for approval
- The committee reviewed and discussed eight CMP Projects that THCA is working on as a lead and/or stakeholder.
- THCA CMP Project applications include: Dementia Training & Coaching and Clinical Resource Center. Approval for the applications is expected to be announced in October.
- Leadership Turnover
- Committee members discussed leadership training for administrators as key for supporting individuals in these higher level facility positions.
- Education and Training needs for Nursing Home staff and family members
- The committee discussed how positive effects have been experienced by involving physician extenders such as Nurse Practitioners in facility based training and quality improvement projects.
- Discussed using facility newsletters as an intervention to provide clinical information, such as the need for Antibiotic Stewardship, to educate family members.
The stakeholder Committee meets once a quarter to focus on elevating the quality of care in Texas nursing homes.
Commitment to Care
- Member Update: THCA Commitment to Care (C to C) Stakeholders August Meeting
If you have any questions about the THCA C to C Initiative or would like to share your facilities successes please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (512) 458-1257.
Announcements & Recognitions
THCA’s 65th Annual
Convention and Trade Show
Official Convention Sponsor
AHCA/NCAL 66th Annual
Convention & Expo
October 4-7, 2015
San Antonio, Texas
Our Great State of Texas is the host state for the AHCA/NCAL Annual Convention & Expo, October 4-7, 2015! Experience the National Conference right here in our home state!
Pre-Registration Rate available until September 9, 2015
Onsite Registration Rate available September 10, 2015 -October 7, 2015
Hotel Reservation Deadline – September 9, 2015
Register now and take advantage of the Pre-Registration Rate Savings.
Official THCAPAC @ Convention Sponsor
?’s About THCAPAC…Here’s How To Contact Us
”Like” & “Share” the THCA Facebook page
Follow the THCA Twitter page